March 30, 2020
Dear Residents and Family Members,
It has been a few weeks since our first measures to combat the spread of coronavirus have been implemented. It’s inspiring to see our communities come together to protect our loved ones. We are in the midst of fighting a very serious virus and will be continuing our previously implemented protocols. Here is a list of all policies and procedures that will remain in place through the end of April:
- ALL residents are still strongly encouraged to self-isolate whenever possible! You are still able to leave your apartment but will need to follow the social distancing guidelines set forth by the CDC. This means that you need to remain six feet away from all other residents and team members.
- Any residents that have had an extended absence and returned to the community will need to self-quarantine for 14 days. This includes any hospital stays, travel, and new move ins.
- The dining rooms, salon, and fitness center will remain closed. Meal service for all three meals will continue as established.
- Transportation and large group activities will remain suspended. All medically necessary trips will remain available.
- Routine unit housekeeping will remain at the resident’s discretion. Please communicate to housekeeping if you would prefer to forgo your apartment cleaning. Daily common area cleanings, trash pickups, and emergency unit cleanings will continue as usual.
- All exterior doors will remain locked and the main entrance should be the only entrance used for entering and exiting the community. This will allow everyone to be screened and documented. This is for all residents, essential caregivers, and All Seasons team members.
- All non-essential visitors will still not be allowed in the community. We will continue to assist any resident or family member with setting up a Skype or Facetime chat.
- Activity packets will be distributed at least twice a week. Please contact your Director of Life Enrichment if you would like to see anything added to the packet.
- Wash your hands often! Take your temperature daily. Use hand sanitizer when soap and water is not available. Contact your primary care physician immediately if you are presenting signs and symptoms and remain in your apartment.
We are all fighting this horrible virus together. This will take every resident, caregiver, family member, and team member to keep our community happy and healthy. We will continue to address and correct any incidents brought to our attention that are outside of the established protocol above. Thank you in advance for your cooperation and support.
Vice President, Senior Living